Open Accessibility Menu
Hide

Our History

War Memorial Hospital is a licensed critical access hospital with 25 inpatient beds, 16 long-term care beds and a 8-bed emergency department. Attracted by the therapeutic properties of the local mineral springs, the hospital started as a treatment center for post-paralysis care in 1934, The Pines Crippled Children’s Hospital. In 1947 Morgan County War Memorial Hospital was organized to serve the residents of Morgan County.

Valley Health has been managing the hospital since 1989, and acquired the hospital in 2010. In 2012, a new facility was opened that included updated general and specialty services, emergency department, cardiac rehabilitation and an outpatient rehabilitation and wellness facility.