OB/GYN Hospitalist Program
Winchester Medical Center developed the OB/GYN Hospitalist Program to elevate
the standard of women's healthcare by ensuring that every expectant
mother is evaluated and treated by a physician regardless of time, location,
complication or circumstance.
OB/GYN Physician Availability
- Board certified OB/GYN hospitalists are immediately available on-site 24
hours a day, 365 days a year.
- In the event that your physician is not available, OB/GYN hospitalists
can examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor, review test results
and the progress of your labor, review test results and fetal heart rate tracings.
- Due to their primary focus of hospital-based treatment, hospitalists are
experts at providing emergent care and are on-site if an emergency occurs.
- Our hospitalists will be in communication with your physician and will
have access to your medical records.
- If your physician is unavailable or delayed reaching the hospital, a board
certified OB/GYN hospitalist can provide medical expertise and optimal
patient care, as well as answer any questions you or your family may have.
- Our hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of different delivery
- Hospitalists place a high value on maintaining communication with other
professionals within the hospital including your physician, medical and
surgical consultants, discharge planners, social workers, clergy and others.
- OB/GYN hospitalists can expedite care for you and can easily facilitate
connections with providers of home health care, skilled nursing, specialized
rehabilitation and others.
- Being hospital-based, the OB/GYN hospitalists will always be on-site to
visit you, monitor progress or discuss your questions/concerns or those
of your family
Valley Health is committed to providing excellent patient care and delivering
the best outcome possible with every patient encounter. The OB/GYN Hospitalist
Program is a key component in increasing patient safety and satisfaction
of women, newborns and their families.