How To Apply
The Shenandoah Valley Family Practice Residency Program accepts applications
September through December via ERAS only for Allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic
(DO) residency. We do not prescreen applications.
We accept applications from MD and DO applicants. We will participate only
in the NRMP Match (some call it “the MD match”), as almost
all DO applicants apply in that Match now. Very few DO applicants applied
in the DO match (AOA match) in recent years. AOA and ACGME are merging
into one Single Accreditation System. We remain accredited by both and
by the ACGME for Osteopathic Recognition.
Please be advised that we do not accept or review unsolicited application
materials submitted via email, fax, mail or any means other than ERAS.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Must have passed both Parts I and II of USMLE or COMLEX by 2nd try (no
- Must have 3 letters of recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians
- Must be within 2 years of graduation from medical school or must have at
least 6 months of direct patient care in the U.S. or Canada within last
2 years (observerships and/or externships do not count towards US clinical
- We do not sponsor or accept any VISAS.
- Only U.S. citizens or permanent residents will be considered for interviews
Interviews are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays only. You will receive dinner and a
paid hotel stay the night before the interview. The day begins with an
introduction to Warren Memorial Hospital resident sign out. You will then
be driven to Winchester Medical Center to visit with WMC faculty and Associate
Program Director followed by a resident tour of the facility. Then back
to Front Royal for a tour of Warren Memorial Hospital and lunch with the
residents after which you will visit with Front Royal Faculty and the
If flying in, plan to rent a car for the visit.
The nearest major airport is Washington-Dulles International Airport (about
60 miles from Warren Memorial Hospital).
If you are interested in our program and you have any questions, please
- Telephone: (540) 636-2028
- Email: email@example.com
Mail: The Shenandoah Valley Family Practice Residency,
- Attention: Tina Krajacic, Residency Manager
- 140 West 11th Street Front Royal, VA 22630