Nurse Aide Training Program
What is a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)?
- A caregiver who provides care to a range of people, from infants to the elderly
- A member of a team of healthcare professionals who assists patients with
activities of daily living
- Someone who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed
- Someone who has completed a nurse aide training program as required by
the state of Virginia and earned certification by successfully completing
the state exam
Why should you consider becoming a Certified Nurse Aide?
- To help people and to provide care for those in need
- To promote health and well-being
- To change your career or career goals
- To seek personally rewarding work in an in-demand field
- To provide a foundation for a nursing career
Warren Memorial Hospital CNA Training Program
Warren Memorial Hospital offers several six- to eight-week nurse aide training
programs throughout the year, including a four week boot camp course in
the summer. There are 20 slots in each class, except for the boot camp
course that only has 14 slots available. The course includes a minimum
of 80 hours of classroom training and a minimum of 40 hours of clinical
experience in a long-term care facility, in accordance with the Virginia
Board of Nursing requirements. After successful completion of the program,
participants are eligible to take the Virginia State Certification Exam.
August 6 - September 20; AM Class (9:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
- Pre-Admission Test* - Friday, July 13; 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Registration -Friday, July 27; 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Orientation - Friday, August 3; 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Classes Begin - Monday, August 6 and meet Monday - Thursday through September
30, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
September 24 - November 20; PM Class (4:00 PM - 8:30 PM)
- Pre-Admission Test* - Monday, August 13; 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Additional Pre-Admission Dates:
- Pre-Admission Test* - Thursday, August 23; 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Pre-Admission & Registration - Monday, August 27; 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Orientation - Monday, September 17; 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Classes Begin - Monday, September 24 and meet Monday - Thursday through
November 20, 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM
October 30 - December 19; AM Class (9:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
- Pre-Admission Test* - Friday, October 5; 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Registration -Friday, October 12; 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Orientation - Monday, October 22; 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Classes Begin - Tuesday, October 30 and meet Monday - Thursday through
December 19, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
*For the required pre-admission tests, please bring a current photo ID.
Walk-ins welcome. A $10 test fee must be paid in the Warren Memorial Hospital
Business Office prior to taking the pre-admission test. The test covers
very basic reading and math comprehension. Please allow up to hour for
the pre-admission process for the test, grading the test, and the application
process if you successfully pass the test.
If you pass the pre-admission test and are eligible to register for the
class, you will be offered an application the same day which explains
the enrollment/registration process, instructions and requirements. 16
spaces are available. The total cost of the course is $950 ($750 for high
school students and Valley Health employees). A non-refundable deposit
of $200 will be accepted ONLY when you are offered a spot in the class,
and it is applied toward tuition. Space is limited.
We strongly advise you visit the
Virginia Board of Nursing website to view more information about becoming a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).
Please note that a state and national criminal background check and drug
screen are required before taking the program.
Please note that the Nurse Aide Training Program follows the Warren County
Public Schools incliment weather policy and will honor surrounding school
districts' inclement weather polcies as well.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact the Nurse
Aide Training Program Office at 540-636-0260 or 540-636-0531.