Goals and Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, graduates will demonstrate cognitive and
psychomotor skills necessary for clincal competence to enable them to
find and retain employment in the medical imaging field.
- Graduates will provide a level of care to satisfy the needs of patients
while in the medical imaging field
- Graduates will demonstrate adequate clinical competency as an entry-level
Students will graduate with the ability to interact as a healthcare worker
in a compassionate, ethical and professional manner.
- Students will demonstrate positive ethical behaviors
- Students will perform tasks in a professional manner
- Students will perform tasks in a compassionate manner
Students will graduate with the necessary oral and written communication
skills to interact with patients and other healthcare providers.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills
Students will be able to think critically and solve problems in their clinical
work environment integrating clinical and didactic (medical imaging, anatomy,
positioning, equipment, patient care, radiation biology/protection, radiographic
quality/quality assurance and radiologic physics) instruction.
- Students will develop critical thinking skills
- Students will demonstrate the ability to verbalize solutions to problems
regarding rejected images
- Students will be aware of patient condition and be able to adapt positioning
and technique as appropriate
Students will have a functioning knowledge of radiation protection for
patients, self and others and be able to assess patients for safety and
satisfaction during all medical imaging examinations.
- Students will demonstrate radiation protection skills including time, distance,
and shielding as appropriate
- Students will demonstrate continual assessment of patient condition for
safety and satisfaction during all medical imaging examinations
The program will promote professional growth and create an awareness of
- Students will recognize the significance of professional organizations
- Students will be active in the VSRT/ASRT meetings and use ASRT/AHRA publications
- Students will understand the importance of confidentiality pertaining to
patient information (HIPAA)
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the pathways of career advancement