Valley Health—Healthier, together.
We are committed to bringing superior quality medical care to residents
throughout the Shenandoah Valley, West Virginia, and Maryland. Our mission
has always been to not just provide excellent care, but to also invest
in our community and build community partnerships. Valley Health has flourished
in all of these areas since forming in 1994. Now, over two decades later,
our hospitals are leaders in their regions for innovative, compassionate,
and quality healthcare services.
We have been recognized with numerous awards recently, including:
- Governor’s Award for Excellence and Innovation in Education
- Three consecutive Leapfrog “A” for Patient Safety for Winchester
Medical Center and Warren Memorial Hospital
- Certified Medical Fitness Facility - Valley Health Wellness & Fitness Center
- Most Wired 2017
- Lynn Care Center and Hampshire Memorial Hospital's long-term care unit
2017 Excellence in Action from NRC Health
- Top of Virginia Regional Chamber's Outstanding Large Business of the
- Welcoa Well Workplace Platinum Award
- WMC Cardiac Electrophysiology (EP) Lab Accreditation
WMC Heart & Vascular Team recognized in
- WMC Emergency Department grant for VA-SBIRT (Virginia Screening, Brief
Intervention, and Referral to Treatment)
- Urgent Care Association of America accreditation for all urgent care locations
- WMC Receives Resuscitation Guidelines Award from American Heart Association
- 3-Star Rating for CABG from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (2016)
- U.S. News Best Nursing Homes for War Memorial Hospital (2016 - 2017)
- U.S. News Best Regional Hospitals for 4 Specialties (2015-2016)
- U.S. News Common Care – Heart Failure
- WMH Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
- WorkHealthy America Excellence Recognition (2015 & 2016)
- Magnet Recognized Hospital
- High Performing Hospitals for Heart Failure – U.S. News & World
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
These awards truly reflect Valley Health’s mission to live healthier, together.
Serving Our Community by Improving Health
As a collection of six hospitals, we are focused on giving back to our
communities. We understand that improving health is about so much more
than just offering cutting-edge medical services and care. That’s
why our collaborative contributions extend to education, preventative
services, partnerships, and financial assistance. In 2014 alone, Valley
Health provided more than $158.7 million in services to our community,
ensuring individuals received the excellent quality medical care they
needed—despite financial standing.
We believe in treating patients with dignity and respect, regardless of
their ability to pay us at Valley Health. As a not-for-profit hospital
system, we are involved in multiple financial assistance programs, helping
patients gain access to supportive programs.
In addition to assisting our community with overcoming financial obstacles,
Valley Health is always looking towards the future. We continually conduct
assessments of community health needs to ensure there are no gaps left
unaddressed by our hospitals. This means patients can have peace of mind
knowing they are able to get excellent care close to home.
As an award-winning health system, we are proud to meet the current needs
of our communities and foresee future health demands.