Shenandoah Memorial Hospital's fitness program offers a series of group exercise classes. All classes are held in the fitness studio (enter by the hospital's main entrance).
Sit Fit & Tone
- Gentle movement either seated in a chair or standing that will increase your stamina and endurance. Rhythmic movement to improve cardiovascular fitness followed by simple major muscle group weight training and conditioning. Increase your energy, tone those muscles and feel better all day!
Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Cardio aerobic movement with Latin Hot moves! Sizzle with cha-chas, mambo, tango, merengue and rumba moves put together into dance patterns broken down and rehearsed till your moves are smooth and you've worked off calories! Beginners welcome. All movements are retaught each class.
Monday & Wednesday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Destress! Take out your tension in an exciting kickboxing classs. Learn to punch, kick, jab, cross, block and hook! Kickboxing helps develop a strong lean core from rotational movements. We'll strengthen all major muscle groups for an exciting cardiovascular workout. We'll finish with resistance training, abdominals and a relaxing cool-down.
Tuesday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
Step It Strong!
- All muscle groups, all the time! We'll warm up with cardio then work major muscle groups and core to tighten, strengthen and tone! Tighten legs, glutes, arms, abs and back. No muscle left untouched!
Wednesday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Mindfulness-based stress reductionand an Eastern fusion of QiGong, Tai Chi, yoga, total body stretch and reflexology done to healing music and breath. Reduce stress, stretch out tight muscles, and open the energy flows!
Tuesday & Thursday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
Current fitness members pay $5 per month (added to current dues) to attend any classes.
Ongoing fitness membership registration - join at any time!
Non-members can purchase the Class Flex Pass:
16 classes for $80
24 classes for $120
NOTE: As of September 2013
, non-members who wish to attend classes only using a Class Flex Pass must contact Shenandoah County Parks & Recreation to register and purchase the Flex Pass. Call 540-459-6777.
For a preview of our new class schedule coming in mid-September 2014, click here
For more information or to sign up for a class, call Deborah Inaba at 540-459-1164.