Shenandoah Memorial Hospital's fitness program offers a series of group exercise classes. All classes except the Interval Power Hour are held in the fitness studio (enter by the hospital's main entrance).
Sit Fit & Tone
- Gentle movement either seated in a chair or standing that will increase your stamina and endurance. Rhythmic movement to improve cardiovascular fitness followed by simple major muscle group weight training and conditioning. Increase your energy, tone those muscles and feel better all day!
Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday, 10:45-11:45 a.m.
Latin Aero Dance
- Aerobic exercise with flirty fun Latin moves to create a strong and sexy core. Come shake it up and burn off calories while strengthening your heart. All ages welcome.
Monday, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Kick it Out!
- Destress! Take out your tension in an exciting kickboxing class. Learn to punch, kick, jab, cross, block and hook! Kickboxing helps develop a strong lean core from rotational movements. We'll strengthen all major muscle groups for an exciting cardiovascular workout. We'll finish with resistance training, abdominals and a relaxing cool-down.
Wednesday, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Interval Power Hour
- Small group training. Sustained cardiovascular exercise alternating with high-intensity interval training on machines and/or step benches, followed by workout with machines, free weights, medicine balls and body weight resistance to build muscle. (Class limited to six members.)
Tuesday, 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Rehabilitation Services Gym)
Zen Stretch Fusion
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction and an Eastern fusion of QiGong, Tai Chi, yoga, total body stretch and reflexology done to healing music and breath. Reduce stress, stretch out tight muscles, and open the energy flows!
Thursday, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Current fitness members pay $5 per month (added to current dues) to attend any classes.
Ongoing fitness membership registration - join at any time!
Non-members can purchase the Class Flex Pass:
16 classes for $80
24 classes for $120
NOTE: Non-members who wish to attend classes only using a Class Flex Pass must contact Shenandoah County Parks & Recreation to register and purchase the Flex Pass. Call 540-459-6777.
for our class schedule flyer.
For more information or to sign up for a class, call Deborah Inaba at 540-459-1164.