For over 30 years, Winchester Medical Center has provided advanced cardiovascular care to area residents. Our team of cardiovascular experts offers a variety of programs and services that can help you make positive changes and better manage conditions that impact cardiovascular health.
We offer comprehensive cardiovascular services including:
Resources for Patients
- Anticoagulation Clinic - Outpatient services to monitor and manage the medication(s) that you take to prevent blood clots.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation - A medically supervised program to help heart patients recover quickly and improve their overall physical and mental functioning.
- Congestive Heart Failure Clinic - Specialized nurses, pharmacists, dietitians and other healthcare professionals who, together with your physician, can assist you in the management of heart failure.
- CPR Anytime – A program teaching the core skills needed to administer CPR for adults and infants.
- Enhanced External Counter-pulsation (EECP®) Therapy - treatment for patients who have persistent angina symptoms and have been unsuccessful with other treatment methods.
- Heart Attack Risk Program - Screenings to identify risk factors for heart attack and vascular diseases.
- Living with Heart Disease - Free classes for patients and families on topics including how the heart works, cardiac medications, heart healthy exercises, heart failure and medications.
- Mended Hearts - A support group for heart surgery patients, their families and caregivers.
- Mended Little Hearts – A support program for parents of children with heart defects and heart disease.
- Non-invasive diagnostic cardiology services - At the first sign of heart disease physicians can order test to “see” the heart and its function without having to enter the body.
Edward R. Kofsky, MD
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
Cardiothoracic surgeon Edward R. Kofsky, MD has joined the medical staff at Winchester Medical Center (WMC) and has been named facility’s Medical Director of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Kofsky has spent more than twenty years as a practicing surgeon, teacher, and administrator. He graduated Summa cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's degree in Biology. He remained at Penn for his medical education, earning his MD degree and honors for his academic performance and surgery skills in 1984.
Dr. Kofsky completed an internship and residency in general surgery at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School, a two-year surgical research fellowship in cardiac metabolism at UCLA Medical Center, and fellowships in cardiothoracic surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York. He was a cardiothoracic surgeon at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, NY, for 12 years, the last three also directing its minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery program. Dr. Kofsky is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgeons, and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Valley Health Cardiothoracic Surgeons
1870 amherst Street, Suite 2B
Medical Office Building I
Winchester, VA 22601
Accepting Patients: No