Valley Health is a nonprofit organization serving the healthcare needs of people in and around an area known as the Top of Virginia, as well as parts of West Virginia and Maryland.
Valley Health was incorporated November 4, 1994, after Winchester Medical Center (WMC) and Warren Memorial Hospital (WMH), in Front Royal, had partnered to serve the region. Headquartered in Winchester, Virginia, Valley Health now operates six hospitals: WMC, WMH, Shenandoah Memorial Hospital (SMH) in Woodstock, VA, Page Memorial Hospital (PMH) in Luray, VA, Hampshire Memorial Hospital (HMH) in Romney, WV, and War Memorial Hospital in Berkeley Springs, WV.
Valley Health has a combined 594 licensed inpatient beds and 166 long-term care beds. The system is supported by more than 5,300 employees, and a medical staff of over 500.
Valley Health had 30,000 inpatient admissions in 2012 and more than 140,000 emergency room visits. Total outpatient encounters numbered approximately 800,000. Over 2,600 babies were delivered at Valley Health hospitals in 2012.
The Valley Health family of services includes:
- Winchester Medical Center
- Warren Memorial Hospital (Front Royal, VA)
- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital (Woodstock, VA)
- Hampshire Memorial Hospital (Romney, WV)
- Page Memorial Hospital (Luray, VA)
- War Memorial Hospital (Berkeley Springs, WV)
- Valley Regional Enterprises, Inc.(Valley Home Care, Valley Medical Transport, Valley Pharmacy)
- Surgi-Center of Winchester
- Urgent Care (Winchester, VA; Front Royal, VA; Martinsburg, WV)
Learn more about Valley Health: