We realize that having an ill or premature infant is unexpected and frightening. Our team is committed to giving your child all the medical and emotional support available to us. From the moment of admission, we want you to participate in your baby’s care. As your baby’s condition improves you will be able to assume more responsibility for his or her care.
It is important that your baby have uninterrupted sleep cycles to promote healthy brain development and improve memory and learning. To allow your baby this uninterrupted sleep, we provide “clustered care,” handling the baby at specific times for checking vital signs, feedings, physical exams, etc. We ask that you partner with us in caring for your baby and be his or her guardian for clustered care when you or loved ones visit while the baby is sleeping.
Some of the services the Winchester Medical Center NICU provides:
- Central line placement for long-term antibiotic intervention
- EEG or imaging studies
- Feeding disorders requiring non-surgical intervention
- Infection requiring monitoring
- Neurologic consultation
- Neurologic illnesses requiring anticonvulsant therapy
- Nutritional support and/or radiologic intervention/diagnosis
- Respiratory illnesses requiring ventilator support or monitoring
- Specially neonatal services, such as inhaled nitric oxide, high frequency ventilation, retinopathy of prematurity evaluation
The 2013 NICU Reunion will be held on Sunday, June 9. Click here for more information.