The Shenandoah Valley Family Practice Residency Program accepts applications September through December via ERAS only for Allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO) residency. We do not prescreen applications.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Must have passed both Parts I and II of USMLE or COMLEX by 2nd try (no minimum score).
- Must have 3 letters of recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians
- Must be within 2 years of graduation from medical school or must have at least 6 months of direct patient care in the U.S. or Canada within last 2 years (observerships and/or externships do not count towards US clinical experience).
- We do not sponsor or accept any VISAS.
- Only U.S. citizens or permanent residents will be considered for interviews.
- Tuesday and Thursday only
- Dinner and paid hotel stay the night before the interview
- Interview day begins with an introduction to Warren Memorial Hospital resident sign out. You will then be driven to Winchester Medical Center for an interview with WMC faculty and Associate Program Director followed by a resident tour of the facility. You will then be driven back to Front Royal for a tour of Warren Memorial Hospital and lunch with the residents after which you will interview with Front Royal Faculty and the Program Director.
If flying in, plan to rent a car for the visit.
The nearest major airport is Washington-Dulles International Airport (about 60 miles from Warren Memorial Hospital).
If you are interested in our program and you have any questions, please contact us in one of the following ways:
By Telephone: (540) 636-2028
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: The Shenandoah Valley Family Practice Residency
Attention: Tina Krajacic, Residency Coordinator
140 West 11th Street
Front Royal, VA 22630