Our services allow patients to receive the care they need in the comfort of their own home. In addition to direct care, our staff provides teaching to the patient and caregivers so that the patient can be cared for at home with confidence. Home health services are available for patients of all ages ranging from new mothers and infants, to older adults requiring nursing care or rehabilitation services after an illness, injury or hospital stay. Valley Health provides home health services through two agencies: Valley Health Home Health Services based in Winchester, Virginia, and Northern West Virginia Home Health based in Romney, West Virginia.
Home Health Services is staffed by highly qualified, experienced healthcare professionals who work closely with the patient, his or her family and physician to provide a wide range of services.
- Nurses evaluate changes in physical condition; administer medications; change dressings and draw blood for testing. High-tech treatments such as IV therapy, and ventilator care are also provided. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Physical Therapists evaluate rehabilitation needs; teach therapeutic exercises, gait training, and prosthetic training; and identify and instruct on safety issues.
- Occupational Therapists help maximize independence in activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting, dressing, eating, and home management by assessing upper body functions, vision and cognitive skills.
- Speech Pathologists assess communication needs and provide treatment for language and hearing disorders.
- Social Workers evaluate social and emotional needs, and refer patients to appropriate community resources.
- Patient Care Techs offer personal care, assist with activities of daily living and perform household chores.
Home Health Services cares for patients with a variety of medical needs including:
• Cardiovascular disorders
• Medication administration (including I.V. therapy and injections)
• Respiratory disorders (asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, and ventilator patients)
• Wound care
• Joint replacement
• Infants & pediatric patients with ongoing medical needs
Home health services are available to anyone, provided that their medical and social needs allow for the patient to be cared for at home. The patient must also be under the care of an attending physician; and their home should be located in our geographic service area.
Arranging Home Health Services
For additional information about scheduling home health services please contact our Central Administrative Office which serves both Valley Health Home Health Services and Northern West Virginia Home Health:
333 West Cork Street, #135
Winchester, VA 22601
Phone: 540-536-5200 or 800-236-8322
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A Commitment to Excellence...
Winchester Medical Center Home Health Agency, providing care as Valley Health Home Health Services, is certified by The Joint Commission.