WMC Visitor Info
Visiting Hours - Flu Safety
To help protect our patients from influenza exposure, visiting hours are
restricted to 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 6 - 8 p.m. daily.
- No visitors with flu-like symptoms (cough and fever) permitted
- Visitors who have not received the flu vaccine will be asked to wear a mask
- No visitors under the age of 18
- Visitors limited to two persons at a time
- A single 24/7 visitor (significant other, parent, or direct caregiver)
- with a patient at all times
- Visitors may be issued masks or other protective clothing for use when visiting
Women and Children’s Units (including NICU)
- No visitors under the age of 18 unless you are the parent of the newborn
or pediatric patient
- Mother/Baby unit only — siblings of the newborn may visit with a
signed sibling visitation form during restricted hours
- Grandparents of the newborn may visit between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- No sibling visitation in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Pediatric Unit
For information on a patient’s room number call 540-536-8155. To
call a patient’s room directly dial 540-536-1 + room #.
Click here for a campus map.
Critical Care Unit: Visiting hours for Critical Care Units are 8:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. No more
than 2 family members, ages 12 and over, may visit the patient at one
time. Other restrictions may apply depending on the patient's condition.
When planning a visit please be considerate. Remember that patients need rest.
Mother/Baby: Please note that visitor access to the Mother-Baby unit is restricted.
The father or significant other may visit the patient at any time. Grandparents
and siblings of the newborn may visit between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Other family members and friends may visit during the designated hours
of 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Children
under the age of 12 are not permitted to visit unless they are a sibling
of the newborn.
NICU: Parents or banded support individuals are welcome in the NICU 7 days a
week, 24 hours a day. Grandparents and all others are welcome from 8:00
am – 9:00 pm. Siblings of at least three years of age are also welcome
to visit. Please speak with your baby’s nurse to arrange sibling visits
Pediatric Unit: Follow general visiting hours with the exception of parents or guardians
who may spend the night with the patient. No children under the age of
12, unless they are siblings of the patient. Siblings may not spend the night.
Meals and Snacks
As a convenience to visitors, Winchester Medical Center offers three eating
The Courtyard Cafe, located on the Garden Level, is available seven days a week from 6:30am
– 7:30pm and 12:00am – 2:30am.
The Lakeside Bistro is located in the System Support Building and is open Monday through Friday,
7:30am - 10:15am and 11am - 2:30pm. Morning selections include muffins,
dry cereals, breakfast sandwiches and eggs prepared to order. The lunch
and dinner menu includes daily soup selections and lunch specials. Credit
cards are accepted.
SUBWAY, located on the first floor of Medical Office Building (MOB) 1, is open
24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Diagnostic Center has a coffee
cart with beverages, snacks and light meals.
Vending machines are located on the Garden Level next to the elevators,
in the Emergency Department waiting area, and in the Labor & Delivery