War Memorial Hospital is a licensed critical access hospital with 25 inpatient
beds, 16 long-term care beds and a 6-bed emergency department. Attracted
by the therapeutic properties of the local mineral springs, the hospital
started as a treatment center for post-paralysis care in 1934, The Pines
Crippled Children’s Hospital. In 1947 Morgan County War Memorial
Hospital was organized to serve the residents of Morgan County.
Valley Health has been managing the hospital since 1989, and acquired the
hospital in 2010. In 2012, a new facility was opened that included updated
general and specialty services, emergency department, cardiac rehabilitation
and an outpatient rehabilitation and wellness facility.