The highly-trained team at Valley Health’s Neuroscience Center has
the extensive expertise needed to effectively diagnose and treat patients
with stroke and other vascular neurological conditions. This includes
advanced neuroimaging and sophisticated minimally invasive technology
available in a state-of-the-art bi-plane angiography suite. At Winchester
Medical Center, the collaboration of our skilled neurologists, neurosurgeons
and interventional neurologist allows us to deliver superior patient care.
Our comprehensive post-treatment rehabilitation programs further aid recovery
and help patients return to the highest level of function possible.
The goal of the interventional neurology program at Valley Health is to
partner with referring physicians in the region to deliver efficient,
effective and personalized care to patients who have a stroke or other
neurovascular disorders. Short hospital stays, decreased recovery time,
and reduced risk of complication are among the benefits of endovascular
surgical neuroradiology and minimally invasive neurointerventional procedures.
- Diagnostic cerebral and spinal angiography
- Diagnostic WADA Test
- Carotid artery angioplasty/stenting
- Other intracranial artery stenting
- Cerebral aneurysms – embolization or surgical repair
- Arteriovenous malformations (brain) embolization
For acute stroke therapy:
- Intravenous & Intra-arterial thrombolysis (tPA)
- Mechanical thrombectomy (Clot retrieval)
- Tumor embolization
- Complicated Epistaxis
- Vasospasm treatment in ruptured cerebral aneurysms
- Venous sinus occlusive disease
For information about the Interventional Neurology Program, please call
ED Physicians: For emergent transfers, please call WMC transfer center at 1-866-962-3627
and use the term CODE STROKE to discuss the case with the on-call neurologist.