Advanced Valve & Aortic Center
Valley Health’s Advanced Valve & Aortic Center provides a team
approach to evaluation and treatment for patients diagnosed with heart
valve or aortic disease. Led by experienced valve surgeons and cardiologists,
the center offers a full range of treatment options and clinical expertise locally:
- State-of-the-art minimally invasive small-incision and catheter-based procedures
- Strategies that are specifically tailored for each patient including conventional
surgical valve repair, replacement or medical management
- Complex and high-risk patients with heart valve and aortic pathology
- Second opinion service for patients and referring physicians
- Sophisticated, non-invasive imaging of the heart valves and aorta
Convenience for patients:
We work with each patient to provide a thorough evaluation and develop
individual treatment recommendations. The center’s clinic is located
in the Heart & Vascular Center on the Winchester Medical Center campus.
In most cases, clinical assessment, cardiac testing (as needed) and consultation
with our valve specialists will occur in one to two visits to minimize
Advanced minimally invasive treatments
We can provide treatments for some of the most complex heart valve and
aortic problems using minimally invasive repair and replacement procedures,
including new catheter-based techniques. For patients, these procedures
can mean less time in the hospital, less pain and a quicker recovery.
Our state-of-the-art hybrid room combines cardiac catheterization and surgical
capabilities and is equipped with advanced imaging and support technology
to perform procedures such as trans-catheter aortic and mitral valve repair
(TAVR and TMVR) and endovascular aortic repair.
Contact us for more information.