Nurse Aide Training Program
What is a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)?
- A caregiver who provides care to a range of people, from infants to the elderly
- A member of a team of healthcare professionals who assists patients with
activities of daily living
- Someone who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed
- Someone who has completed a nurse aide training program as required by
the state of Virginia and earned certification by successfully completing
the state exam
Why should you consider becoming a Certified Nurse Aide?
- To help people and to provide care for those in need
- To promote health and well-being
- To change your career or career goals
- To seek personally rewarding work in an in-demand field
- To provide a foundation for a nursing career
Join a CNA Training Program at Warren Memorial Hospital
Warren Memorial Hospital offers several four- to eight-week nurse aide
training programs throughout the year. The course includes a minimum of
80 hours of classroom training and a minimum of 40 hours of clinical experience
in a long-term care facility, in accordance with the Virginia Board of
Nursing requirements. After successful completion of the program, participants
are eligible to take the Virginia State Certification Exam.
Next scheduled class: Boot Camp, July 7 - August 4, 2016, Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mandatory pre-admission test: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12 - 5 p.m. on a walk-in
basis. Please bring a current photo ID. A $10 test fee must be paid in
the Warren Memorial Hospital Business Office prior to taking the pre-admission
test. The test takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and covers very
basic reading and math comprehension.
If you pass the pre-admission test and are eligible to register for the
class, you will be offered an application the same day which explains
the enrollment/registration process, instructions and requirements. 16
spaces are available. The total cost of the course is $950 ($750 for high
school students and Valley Health employees). A non-refundable deposit
of $200 will be accepted ONLY when you are offered a spot in the class,
and it is applied toward tuition. Space is limited.
We strongly advise you visit the
Virginia Board of Nursing website to view more information about becoming a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).
Please note that a state and national criminal background check and drug
screen are required before taking the program.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact the Nurse
Aide Training Program Office at 540-636-0531.