Valley Health—Healthier, together.
Since 1903, the hospitals in the Valley Health system have been making
their communities healthier. We are committed to bringing superior quality
medical care to residents throughout West Virginia, the Top of Virginia
region, and surrounding areas. Our mission has always been to not just
provide excellent care, but to create educational resources, financially
accessible health services, and a community partnership. Valley Health
has flourished in all of these areas since forming in 1994. Now, over
two decades later, our hospitals are leaders in their regions for innovative,
compassionate, and quality healthcare services.
We have been recognized with numerous awards recently, including:
- Top of Virginia Regional Chamber's Outstanding Large Business of the
- 3-Star Rating for CABG from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (2016)
- U.S. News Best Nursing Homes for War Memorial Hospital (2016 - 2017)
- U.S. News Best Regional Hospitals for 4 Specialties (2015-2016)
- U.S. News Common Care – Heart Failure
- WorkHealthy America Excellence Recognition (2015 & 2016)
- Leapfrog “A” for Patient Safety (2016 & 2017)
- Magnet Recognized Hospital
- High Performing Hospitals for Heart Failure – U.S. News & World
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
These awards truly reflect Valley Health’s mission to live healthier, together.
Serving Our Community by Improving Health
As a collection of six hospitals, we are focused on giving back to our
communities. We understand that improving health is about so much more
than just offering cutting-edge medical services and care. That’s
why our collaborative contributions extend to education, preventative
services, partnerships, and financial assistance. In 2014 alone, Valley
Health provided more than $158.7 million in services to our community,
ensuring individuals received the excellent quality medical care they
needed—despite financial standing.
We believe in treating patients with dignity and respect, regardless of
their ability to pay us at Valley Health. As a not-for-profit hospital
system, we are involved in multiple financial assistance programs, helping
patients gain access to supportive programs.
In addition to assisting our community with overcoming financial obstacles,
Valley Health is always looking towards the future. We continually conduct
assessments of community health needs to ensure there are no gaps left
unaddressed by our hospitals. This means patients can have peace of mind
knowing they are able to get excellent care close to home.
As an award-winning health system, we are proud to meet the current needs
of our communities and foresee future health demands.